Heal Your Body Naturally
Home remedies and natural cures are made from fruits, vegetables, herbs, vitamins, minerals, essential oils, juices, teas and other items found in nature. These are the methods that our ancestors used to treat or even cure common problems.
Home Remedies & Natural Cures:
Natural remedies were the primary way to cure disease until medical science progressed and began formulating targeted medications.
Many expensive prescription medications are based on common and inexpensive vitamins, minerals, juices, teas and herbs.
The remedies listed below have been shown to be useful for various health problems. In fact, niacin and fish oil are available now as a prescription, only in a higher strength than what is available as an over the counter (OTC) medicine.
- Vinegar - controls appetite and reduces blood sugar
- Tea – Tea tannins are antioxidants and can aid in the prevention of cancer
- Fish Oil – beneficial for the skin, brain and heart health
- Cinnamon – Helps to strengthen the immune system
- Ginseng – Increases blood flow and energy
- Niacin – Reduces cholesterol better than some prescription medication
- Red Yeast Rice – Effective at reducing total cholesterol
- Salt – Reduces inflammation and kills bacteria
- Lemons – Potent anti-oxidant, and full of collagen-forming vitamin C
Herbal remedies are also called herbalism, meaning a method to cure illness through the use of plants or plant ingredients.
Many herbs have a lengthy background of use as herbal remedies, such as ginger, cranberry, and peppermint. Some examples are below.
- Aloe vera - useful for the healing of burns.
- Artichoke - reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Calendula - relieves cramps.
- Cranberry - proven to be effective in treating urinary tract infections (UTI).
- Echinacea - reduce the duration and severity of the common cold.
- Ginger - decreases nausea or vomiting.
- Green tea - slows the development of cancer of the breast.
- Meadowsweet - anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial uses.
- Peppermint oil - helpful for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Valerian root - calms anxiety and reduces symptoms of insomnia.
- Willow bark - anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial.
Aromatherapy & Essential Oils:
Aromatherapy uses essential oils to improve your health or well-being. The essential natural oils used in aromatherapy are produced from volatile oils from plants. When selecting oils for aromatherapy, use all natural, organic oils.
Studies have verified the therapeutic qualities associated with pure essential oils; many of which have effective anti-bacterial and antiviral benefits.
- Lemon essential oil - helpful for decreasing stress and depression.
- Lavendar essential oil - soothing and good for skincare in general.
- Tea Trea - helpful for acne
- Lemongrass essential oil - great for cleaning
The concept of a homeopathic remedy is identical to taking a vaccine for a problem, which stimulates the immune mechanism to react, reducing the the signs of the condition or illness. It is based on the concept that "like cures like".
One of the primary factors for homeopathy's reputation is that homeopathy treats the whole person; not just the particular sickness.
Homeopathic remedies are found in the natural world and are extracted from vegetation, mineral deposits and animal resources. The treatments are substances which trigger the exact same signs and symptoms in an individual that is healthy.
The concept is to activate the body's normal defenses in order to heal those identical signs and symptoms in someone that is unwell. This is called the "Law of Similars".
Use Common Sense!
Nothing on Mother Earth is safe if it is not used as directed.
Never use any product more frequently or in larger quantities as directed. Even water or air can be harmful or even fatal if consumed to excess.
Natural cures can interact with prescription medication- or even other home remedies. Make sure that you tell your Doctor about all health supplements that you are taking.
Home remedies do not and should not substitute for a Doctors care. Always consult with your Physician on any and all health concerns.